Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Fox Hunting

Fox Hunting Near and dear to the FOXPRO Family. The place for all discussions specific to fox hunting, including stories, photos, techniques, and questions.

Old 01-25-2019, 03:13 PM

Default Expensive weekend ...

Last weekend I participated in the 4th annual MD predator hunt. I look forward to this every year this year was no exception. My partner and I acquired a bunch of new land to call and we were excited to start.

First set was in a horse pasture I set the call off the ground in a bush and let her rip. 3 mins later here comes a hard charger coming right into the call. I track him all the way to the call he doesn’t stop until he gets to the call when he does he actually picks it off the bush and turns I shoot.... fox runs, call stops playing. Yep 55 grain v max kills the fusion. This is about 2030ish now we gotta go to dicks and get a new call... frustrating.

We get back to the same farm call in a double boom first one is one the ground. Swing for the second boom miss ... he is gone look back the other one is up and running. We tracked that thing like you track a deer never found it. This happened again on Saturday. Never had that issue with Vmax before. Long story short are first 5 fox called in were missed or not recovered in all I think we had 7 misses which is not normal. It was very frustrating.

Highlights some good shots were made to. We had another fox come in Friday night that ran the call over so much so it made an audible noise after running into it he took off. I shot him on a full sprint after the shot he literally sled 10 ft atop the snow it was funny to watch in the thermal.

Saturday night my thermal stopped working and we called it quits with only 7 fox. Hoping the can recover some of the videos from the unit. All in all we missed a lot of opportunities and got a late start on Friday and Saturday was a wash with rain. We ended up hunting only half of our properties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2019, 05:06 PM

Dam you shot the caller on the run your good. Only kidding, sorry to hear about that. Congrats on the fox.
Old 01-25-2019, 05:08 PM

Wow! That sounds brutal. I hope your next outing makes up for this one....
Old 01-25-2019, 08:20 PM

Grats on your Kills------Great PiC'S-----Sorry about the Death of the Fusion

svb

Last edited by SWAMPBUCK10PT; 01-25-2019 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:36 PM

Sounds like a really bad case of "Friendly Fire"
Old 01-26-2019, 01:48 AM

Congrats on your hunt. Nice pictures. Was probably time for a new caller.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:45 AM

Default Hostage Down

It's a shame you guys couldn't stay for the award presentations you were in and out pretty quick.....there were a lot of "frustration stories" being shared.....would have made you feel better....but then nobody suffered a "hostage kill" like you did on that caller....

Maybe next year we will add a new category..."most frustrating set"....; )
Old 01-26-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNAVYORDIE View Post
It's a shame you guys couldn't stay for the award presentations you were in and out pretty quick.....there were a lot of "frustration stories" being shared.....would have made you feel better....but then nobody suffered a "hostage kill" like you did on that caller....

Maybe next year we will add a new category..."most frustrating set"....; )

Yes we did Luke unfortunately had daddy duty we thought it was 9-11. I still had some good shots.

Called foxpro they are basically coming out with a whole new line in August. New shockwave X or something cs-24x. Gonn try an tough it out with my old spitfire. Really sucks cause I just got another spot 300 acres yotes got a calf

Old 01-26-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph0311 View Post
Yes we did Luke unfortunately had daddy duty we thought it was 9-11. I still had some good shots.

Called foxpro they are basically coming out with a whole new line in August. New shockwave X or something cs-24x. Gonn try an tough it out with my old spitfire. Really sucks cause I just got another spot 300 acres yotes got a calf

Well it was meant to be.......so you could get a new call......look on the bright side, depending on which model you select you will have a "stand-by TX 1000 remote"...in case your other one gets "taken out"...hopefully not the same MO while on your person....; )

Hey that Spitfire I bet will suffice...may need to get a bit closer possibly. Maybe a bait pile?

Good luck on tagging 'em!