Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Big Game Hunting

Big Game Hunting Share your experiences, tips, techniques, and thoughts about big game hunting here. Deer, Elk, Moose, Bear, Bigfoot, or whatever else we may have missed.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:13 AM

Default Russian Boar Hunts?

Hey guys my father and I are looking to do a Trophy boar hunt this upcoming year. There are so many places to choose from...Can anyone point me in the right direction?

We are from SE Nebraska so preferably in TX, OK, KS, MO, AR, IA but open to ideas at this point.

Thanks
Old 08-19-2011, 10:32 PM

I don't read this forum very often, but I just found your post and see that no one has responded to it yet. I am in Texas and from my experience South Texas seems to have larger quantities of hogs than most of the other areas. Where I am - North Central - the drought seems to have taken its toll around here. They were pretty much all over but seem to prefer areas that have access to a bit of water. The heat hasn't helped the hog population either. I'd check with some outfitters later in the year after we've gotten some rain and cooler weather.

There is also a contributor to this forum -"Guess"- that hunts them often and perhaps he knows some outfitters or land owners that can help locate some hogs.

The largest that I've killed and had weighed was a boar at 408 pounds. Unfortunately his tusks were all broken off so his skull wasn't considered "trophy". He was in my neighbor's oat patch and I got lucky. (I also would consider it a "feral" hog and not necessarily a Russian Boar).

Good luck in finding a place to hunt and best wishes for a successful kill.