Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO Sounds > Sound Requests

Sound Requests Is there a certain sound you would like to see FOXPRO carry in the future? Share your ideas and requests for new sounds in this forum.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:03 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

I haven't ever really looked at the website.

But taking marketing literally, down to the single pair of words "constantly striving" is just being silly.

And neither one of us has any clue as to what effort is and has been made. For all we know, they really are "constantly striving", but haven't struck pay dirt lately.

I've been out with Steve Dillon recording sounds before. I think most people would be shocked at the amount of effort and expense that goes into getting sounds that are both productive and technically excellent (marketable, in other words). You can record a helluva lot of animals and not get a sound that makes the grade. My most productive sound, the one I use on every stand, would not be acceptable to the public, it's technically pretty bad, as in wind noise, distortion, my partner Tim coughing in the background etc. It's the best sound I've ever used, but customers would pitch a chit fit if you sold it to them. And when you think you have a good sound, you can't just put it out there, it has to be field tested and proven and a lot of sounds that sound great to me, have been duds in the field.

I remember one coyote vocalization in particular. Man it sounded good! Unique too, nothing else like it out there, that I know of. First day of field testing I watched two different coyotes on two different stands that were running in to rabbit, do a complete 180 and run away as soon as I played that particular coyote vocalization. A lot went into getting that sound. That one never got released to the public. I still have it, but I doubt I'll ever use it again, lol!

And so on... Maybe they haven't even tried, I haven't asked so I don't know. But not having any new sounds is not in itself any proof that they aren't indeed "constantly striving". Not that I personally think it matters, I don't pay attention to marketing as a general rule.

- DAA
Old 11-26-2017, 01:23 PM

Like I said Sir I respect your views. You seem like a reasonable gentleman who can think for himself and doesn't have his opinion bought and paid for. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. FoxPro was producing several good quality predator hunting sounds dependably for a few years and the output has waned noticeably in recent years I feel.

I agree a lot goes into making a good sound but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect at least one 24bit sound to be produced in a year. Especially when you consider the language used on the website to describe said efforts.

I wish you success hunting this season.
Old 11-26-2017, 03:08 PM

ElNach, is there a particular sound you would want? Perhaps if you called FoxPro and talked directly to Steve Dillon he could get you that particular sound?
Old 11-26-2017, 03:35 PM

I would like some fresh new sounds added to the library for everyone to be able to access not just me. I already have the entire Foxpro library as it exists now. I do have some suggestions if they’re receptive though. I’d like to see some Bobcat vocal sounds, and distress sounds for Skunk and Muskrat, and some Red Fox Vocals. I would also like to see a good Coyote fight sound added. Wildlife Tech has had these sounds for a long time and they are effective.
Old 11-26-2017, 03:55 PM

Steve could Fedex me the equipment and I’m confident I could Guillie up, crawl around and capture some of these sounds around where I hunt. I would just need my fuel covered and a little walking around money