Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO Products > FOXPRO Digital Game Calls

FOXPRO Digital Game Calls Discuss all FOXPRO digital game calls in this forum. Open to all models offered by FOXPRO Inc. Questions, comments, advice, etc.

Old 11-15-2020, 02:18 PM

Default Shockwave volume ?

While I have had a Shockwave for sometime I still have a question. The volume setting in the unit would it be better to have it on high or low. I have always left it on high, would I loss much volume by putting it on low?
Old 11-15-2020, 06:16 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

I assume you are talking about how much you open the volume dial on the unit itself. On any of the models, I have always just barely turned it on, and did all the volume control with the remote. If you mean something else, please say what it is.
Old 11-15-2020, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumal View Post
I assume you are talking about how much you open the volume dial on the unit itself. On any of the models, I have always just barely turned it on, and did all the volume control with the remote. If you mean something else, please say what it is.
No not the dial, in the program of the unit Options & Detail under volume you can sat it for Low or High volume setting low setting will maximize the battery life and the high will maximize the volume what I am wondering if there is a lot of difference in the volume. I have keep mine on high just wondering if I would be better off going to low, but don't want to sacrifice a lot of volume.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:03 AM
FOXPRO Field Staff

KPH, thanks for the clarification. If I were you, I'd try the low setting to maximize battery life. Either low or high setting will have plenty of volume for calling coyotes, especially if you use the wind properly. You'll get a lot of different opinions about what that means, but for me, I prefer to call quartering with the wind. It doesn't take much volume, especially in cold weather when sound really carries.
If you want to give the techs at Foxpro a call, you might get a more detailed answer, i.e. number of sound decibels on each setting.