www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Predator Hunting

Predator Hunting It's open season on predator discussions! Questions, stories, tips, and techniques are all fair game.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:34 PM

Default Call shy coyotes

I'm a fairly new coyote caller so I make mistakes on a pretty regular basis (setting up where they can get down wind, missing shots, etc). I seem to learn something new every time out so maybe someday I'll get everything figured out . I've called up a lot over the past couple of weeks but now when I return to the same areas I don't have near as much success on getting them to come to the call. I assume they're just getting call shy. I try using different calls when I repeat stands but that hasn't seemed to help much. I've got a limited number of places to hunt so I can't just go to new places. Any advice on hunting call shy coyotes?
Old 12-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Foxpro field staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOyotehunter View Post
I'm a fairly new coyote caller so I make mistakes on a pretty regular basis (setting up where they can get down wind, missing shots, etc). I seem to learn something new every time out so maybe someday I'll get everything figured out . I've called up a lot over the past couple of weeks but now when I return to the same areas I don't have near as much success on getting them to come to the call. I assume they're just getting call shy. I try using different calls when I repeat stands but that hasn't seemed to help much. I've got a limited number of places to hunt so I can't just go to new places. Any advice on hunting call shy coyotes?
-------------------------------------------------------
If you are using an electronic caller, try placing it cross-wind of you so that coyote comes in down-wind of the caller instead of down-wind of YOU. Not fool proof of course, but works pretty good for me.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:13 PM

Switch your sounds and switch your calling location. Even 100 yards can make a big difference. I like to rest a spot at least a couple weeks between visits.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:20 AM

Is this my post? Find new hunting spots. As Canadiancoyote said{ evan moving 100 yards will make a big difference} this couldn't be more true. If I waited a couple of weeks to hunt each one of my spots i wouldn't be doing much hunting. Move around. When the shot comes you must capitalize on it, unlike me. good luck.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:01 PM

You can change-up on your time of day also.

Tags
call, coyote, shy