Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Coyote Hunting

Coyote Hunting Canis latrans. Ky'ote. Ky'otee. Whatever you want to call it, it's one of the most popular predators hunted in the world today.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:45 PM

Default New Gun

[IMG][/IMG]
Buddy got his new 204 dialled , And wanted to give it a try. First set dry. second set was a swing and a miss by me. then we got busted on the next set. This set was a spot I got busted a week ago. So we set up on the edge of a slough start to the north,calling towards the north. There is and old yard they like to hang in and it's North East of our location. And that is exactly where this good looking male came from in the first Three min.He follows the edge of slough,steps into a few trees trying to get the wind. Finally breaks the bush,Stops. Just as he was going to turn, the new 204 barks and snow nap time. Good looking Xmas BEARD???
Old 01-11-2018, 06:48 PM

Default -29 Plus WC=-35

[IMG][/IMG]
Well I had a bit of time to play it was CCOOLD, I was driving around see a Fox do mock 10 for ???? A bit further down the road I seen a coyote run for parts unknown. Went around the 2 mile block, stopped made a phone call and bit of coffee trying to work up the courage. But there wasn't much wind . SO set up in a leaf cutter Bee shack with the call set off to the side of shack. Started my sequence,its cold but that shack was blocking the wind.After appx.7 min.mark. I see a coyote off to the west at half mile. I play with the volume and tease her a bit. She stopped lots, I would tease her again, she moves, stops move.Then she inters a bush appx. 370 yds straight south of me. OK Now what Vole squeaks. play it a couple of times and look up and here she comes.But she stops again. I get ready for the shot. She stops again but this time she turns to leave. She see's me stops, 250 yds. The 204 barks. snow nap.and COLD hands.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:12 PM

Again...good story and picture there. It does look cold for sure! You da man!
Old 01-12-2018, 08:15 AM

Congrats to both of you. Nice dogs. Now you can make some nice mittens.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:47 PM

Default When it's come together!

[IMG][/IMG]
Had a bit of time to play before work. I tried two sets and Zero.Had time for one more set. Wind was right, calling to east, south . Big bush to the south. At appx. 5min. in this good looking female comes busting in from the east. She picks me up as I move for the shot. She stops the 204 barks at 40yds. its snow nap time.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:23 AM

Wow...that's called "wackin em and stackin em" Good job man!
Old 02-02-2018, 11:16 AM

Default Back on Board

[IMG][/IMG]

Finally back on the board. Last Sunday spent pm calling fresh snow not a lot of wind.Zero,Zero Whiskey ,Tango, FoxTrot. Then got some time when wind wasn't blowing at 50mph.Went hard to get out for a few sets in afternoon. First set was in the same area I killed a fuzzy one. Walking in I got see a Mule deer bedded down. Starting the set kept watching the deer. Its up and out of there?? seen some magpies in that area also.So I play some magpie fight with Distress.At appx. 8 min. mark this big male came looping over the hill. I wait until he is 100 yd out He stops I'm on him, just when I was going to drop the hammer he moves. He is in a bit of a dip only can see His head and neck. He moves again out of sight.I try to get my call going. He shows stops and on the move again. I howl he stops 200 yd, the 204 barks and snow nap time.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:21 PM

Default A Second Look!

[IMG][/IMG]
This was the last set of the day.
The set up was on a slough, Starting with distress call, Finally see one coming,he drops out of site. Waiting ,waiting nothing, switch to Vole squeaks, nothing. Ok Pup distress, Bingo! He's back, behind some trees, slowly very slowly he comes into view. The 204 barks and Mr. Berger does his job,snow nap.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:36 PM

Talking

Good going man! Funny thing the pup distress is the very same call that
worked for the last yote I called in when nothing else seemed to work.:
Old 02-07-2018, 10:24 AM

Default Thanks Pacificman

Pup distress is always in my backup plan!