Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO Products > FOXPRO Decoys

FOXPRO Decoys Discuss the FOXPRO Jack-in-the-Box Decoy, decoy toppers, and all related items here.

Old 12-22-2017, 12:43 AM

Default Fox jack melting battery tray in firestorm.

Ok early this season I hooked up my decoy and went out calling. Get out to my spot turn call on go sit down try to call and it wonít work. So I used my hand calls. So I get home check batteries and the tray and springs are melted. So I send the call into foxpro they fix it and go through it. Didnít send the decoy proably should have. So anyways get call back go hunting a couple times works good. I hook up decoy nite before going out again and smell something take it off and melted the battery tray again? Batteries were in right. So itís the decoy anyone seen this or know whatís causing it? I ordered a new 2 new trays but am wondering if this is a common problem.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr600 View Post
Ok early this season I hooked up my decoy and went out calling. Get out to my spot turn call on go sit down try to call and it won’t work. So I used my hand calls. So I get home check batteries and the tray and springs are melted. So I send the call into foxpro they fix it and go through it. Didn’t send the decoy proably should have. So anyways get call back go hunting a couple times works good. I hook up decoy nite before going out again and smell something take it off and melted the battery tray again? Batteries were in right. So it’s the decoy anyone seen this or know what’s causing it? I ordered a new 2 new trays but am wondering if this is a common problem.
Are you positive the batteries were connected correctly? Which call? Some you can just plug in (like the Fusion depending which FoxJack) and others you need to use the adapter on tray.

.......I melted mine once because it was not connected correctly.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:46 AM

It a firestorm call. I know the batteries we’re in it right because I double checked them had this issue before. It is the style were it hooks to the battery tray. What’s the proper way to hook it to the tray?
Old 12-22-2017, 01:34 PM

Have a FireStorm myself and, knock on wood, have not experienced that problem hope I never do
Firestorm w/ Foxjack decoy
Sako Forester 22-250 55 Gr Sierra Spitzer Boattails

Remington Model 600 Mohawk 243 100 gr Gamekings
Old 12-22-2017, 08:59 PM

Default attaching the decoy

the battery connector can be hooked up upside down and this melts your battery holder springs etc. it is printed on the connector that powers the foxpro it says this side to foxpro i did the same thing and it was a expensive lesson the battery holder is about 4$ i made sure i bought 2 shipping to canada is costly also buy the proper part from foxpro as the ones on amazon/ebay look the same but are not
Old 12-22-2017, 11:41 PM

So what’s the difference?
Old 12-23-2017, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr600 View Post
So whatís the difference?
if you are asking what is the difference between the foxpro part and the amazon /ebay part the diff is in the part size the amazon one that i got was a tiny bit to big to drop in the compartment in the foxpro aswell the battery connectors did not line up as they should
Old 01-14-2018, 03:01 PM

I have the same problem with my Fury G7 and Foxjack. It’s not how I’m connecting the battery adaptor on the Fox Jack to caller. Mine ruined the battery tray and I spoke with Foxpro Techies. I was told to check and make sure each battery was good. I did using a meter and found a bad battery. Switched out battery and it worked. Went to woods and set up. No power. I then ordered the new tray and set of Foxpro batteries. Put it all together and it worked. Went hunting and no power again. Checked batteries and one of the brand new ones was bad. Replaced that one battery, wanted to throw Foxjack but cooled off and put it in a drawer. My caller has worked fine since but I don’t use the decoy.