Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO Sounds > Sound Reports

Sound Reports Having a lot of success with a particular sound? Post in here to share what sounds are hot and which ones are not! Also, a great place to share some of your favorite FOXPRO Foxcast sequences!

Old 01-13-2014, 08:07 PM

Default Hung up yotes.

I have had yotes hang at 300 yards plus. Sit down or stop anyway i have read about different coaxers and pup distress, yote death cry ect to keep em comin in after they hang up way out there. anyway out of anything and everything I wanna know what you think is best.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:16 AM

I wish I could honestly give you the ONE sound that would work, but I can not. I can say this. If a coyote or fox hangs up (don't call back) get it HA HA . No seriously, I would either try kitten in distress, Hurt pups,. The question is why is he hanging up? Sound is not right? Something does not look right?, Are you using a decoy, MOJO, Whatever? If not He might be pin pointing the sound but does not see anything. Remember, whether it's a coyote or fox etc.. Just because you played rabbit in distress does not mean their going to coming running blind. Give them what appears to be the real deal. Some guys won't use a decoy at night why? Don't you think they can see rabbits at night, think about it. I just came back in. I called in a nice coyote at 40 yds, Had my decoy moving, my rookie mistake just picked up put the mag cross hairs on him and fired. I was in a 100yd x 100yd patch of brush. I got to excited him being that close and shot too fast. I never picked my shot. I would like to say I will never do that again, but it does happen. Your choice is either try or let him go.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:14 PM

Vole Squeaks on volume 20 is the best coaxing sound that I have ever used.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:03 PM

vole squeaks, pup distress, challenges and coyote distress sounds are your best option but if it is right before dark i believe they would rather wait 10 min and come in when its too dark for you to see
Remington 11-87 w/extra full choke and 4 buck
Old 01-25-2014, 12:08 AM

I have been using vole squeaks for about 6 years and I can only remember about 2 that didn't come on a string. It's my preset number one and I hit it the second I see one.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:52 PM

Ok thanks guys.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:21 AM

300 yards and I will typically shoot them there. But when i do have them hang up, I like to work in some coyote vocals for a couple min and then hit them with pup distress. Works real good for me.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbyacresbob View Post
Vole Squeaks on volume 20 is the best coaxing sound that I have ever used.

What he said!
Old 01-31-2014, 05:09 PM

I was calling with a nubie friend and we had a scatter gun 2 yotes came into the field 3 different times seems they were trying to get down wind but I had a water hole next to me that wasn't frozen so I was coaching Mr newbie to be patient and don't move.The 3rd time the pair came into the field at 80 yds as I was loosing hope after playing lucky bird,titmouse tantrum,Baybee cot,vole squeak.I whispered to my friend gonna try juv red fox and see if I could get them to cut the distance in half and here came the female first then the Male and when the second one got into range and turned and smiled I gave him the green light and he let the 3" dead coyote load eat and down went a nice big male so my buddy turned to me while my Foxbang was running with hurt pup and his better half ran back to the downed yote and if you could see his face with his eyes popping out I got em I got em so I had to say great now shoot the other one that was still at 40 yds and he had missed what great fun seeing a newbie drop his first yote...I did start that set with lone howl then fem deep howl and mixed in a couple quiet whimpers...