Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO Sounds > Sounds Discussion

Sounds Discussion Have a question about what sounds to use? Or maybe you need help selecting new sounds. This is the place to ask.

Old 04-06-2017, 07:33 PM

Can't argue with success that's for sure.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:31 PM

I don’t have the opportunity to hunt in areas where I can see a distance. So in most cases I find it nice to use sequences I have built. I’m not figiting with a remote and looking for a different sound and/or adjusting volume. What I am doing is keeping my eyes open and wasting what little movement I can get by with on scanning my shooting area. What little open terrain I have enjoyed hunting I didn’t use sequences. In reality there is a lot more opportunities for shotgun sets vs rifle sets where I live and I find the thickets to be far more productive since night hunting is not allowed in Arkansas. However I do still carry my AR rather than a shotgun. I just prefer to dot one coyotes eye rather than shotgun two coyotes, and double are often achievable in the thickets even with a rifle. My AR weighs in at a perfect 7lbs with an 18” carbon fiber barrel. I enjoy carrying it and being able to hold it on my knees or sticks during a stand much more than my heavy shotgun in 3.5 mag and much longer in length. Anyway I believe sequences work great when hunting thicker timber and cut overs.