Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Coyote Hunting

Coyote Hunting Canis latrans. Ky'ote. Ky'otee. Whatever you want to call it, it's one of the most popular predators hunted in the world today.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:38 PM

Default Good Day of Hunting!

Went out Sat for a little yote hunting. First of three taken that day Savage Predator mod. 10 in .204/FoxPro fx3/And alittle luck!!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:40 PM

Sorry all...For some reason I'm haveing trouble loading the pic.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:35 PM

Default savage

How about that savage pred. 10, is that a sweet gun or what.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:52 PM

I'ts been a really good rifle for me,super accurate. Had a yote one day we ranged at 412 yards,put it about six inches high and was really suprized that I hit him! Mines in .204 and at that range never new what hit him, he just walked about 60 yards and layed down."Never had one WALK Away Lol". By the time we got to him he had died. The only issue" if you can call it that" with the rifle is with the accue trigger. Seems sometimes if I don'nt take my time and squeese the trigger,it will click like a dry fire, no dent on the primer but I do have to recock the bolt. If nouthing else makes me concentrate more on my trigger pull.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:42 PM

Default curious

just wondering if all accu-triggers do that or maybe a defect with yours. only reason i ask is i am seriously considering a new rifle and am looking hard at the savage with the accu-trigger. any info is greatly appreciated. thank you and good luck!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:58 PM

I did talk to a guy in the gun shop awhile back, and he took one off the rack and tried it..done the same thing. With the Accue trigger you just have to make shur the blade is depressed ALL THE WAY DOWN before you shoot. I have mine set way down to about 2pounds so have to be careful to not touch the trigger while depressing the blade in. I have gotton in the habit now of takeing my shooting glove off to get a better feel for the trigger. Hard to do with the glove on.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:05 PM

Default savage 22-250

I have the savage and have not had any trouble and would recommened any one purchase it.I love the trigger.A buddy of mine has a custom built and feel like we are even.The fartest I have shot was 600 yrds and we shooting off sand bags at 3 inch circles.Had 2inside and 1 about 1 inch out.Not bad for factory.Shot a good group at 650 but did not dial up the scope enough.At 650 was 4 inches low.Again this was off sand bags with little or no wind.And also with hand loads.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotebuster View Post
I'ts been a really good rifle for me,super accurate. Had a yote one day we ranged at 412 yards,put it about six inches high and was really suprized that I hit him! Mines in .204 and at that range never new what hit him, he just walked about 60 yards and layed down."Never had one WALK Away Lol". By the time we got to him he had died. The only issue" if you can call it that" with the rifle is with the accue trigger. Seems sometimes if I don'nt take my time and squeese the trigger,it will click like a dry fire, no dent on the primer but I do have to recock the bolt. If nouthing else makes me concentrate more on my trigger pull.

I have owned multiple Savage Rifles with the accu trigger and so have other members of my family, we have never once had that happen. Just my experience.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:07 PM

I have a savage 17 HMR with accu trigger and that must be what happened to me last weekend i had a coyote at 30 yards pulled trigger and just like a dry fire coyote heard it and was gone love the gun i will try to pay attention more when squeezing the trigger next time.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:22 PM

I actually had a custom gun built for me and had the guy install the accu trigger, I have never had that problem, but I am also very consciences of my trigger pull. Maybe it being a custom built gun has eliminated that, but it is for sure the accu trigger and that has never happened.