Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Night Hunting

Night Hunting If you're afraid of the dark, this might not be the right forum for you. If not, turn off your light and share your stories, post your photos, and ask away.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:22 AM

Default Season Opener Coyote

Started the new season off Sunday night July 8th. This young female came right down the road after 4 minutes of calling (Babe Cottontail) at one of the local duck clubs where we do coyote control. I killed her at about 50 yds. just as she was coming to a halt. I was shooting a 6x45 or as I like to call it the 6mm Parvo with 55 gr. Nosler Ballistic Tip. It made her turn a complete somersault and if you watch closely you'll see pieces fly off her. It was very windy from the tropical weather offshore, but at least it was cool and no bugs to deal with.

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avcJEoHBW6Y

It has been so hot that we didn't go much in June along with rain almost daily. Now it has turned dry and hot, but cooler weather will soon be on the way and the pups will be out hunting on their own shortly.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:07 AM

Nicely done, looked like a nice deer to.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:19 AM

I believe it was a decent size buck. Antlers show well while in velvet on thermal, but not so much when the velvet sheds off. We're still extremely wet, so not much hunting going on for now. Looking forward to cooler weather. Thanks for the reply Joe!