Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > General Discussion > Fireside Chat

Fireside Chat Open Discussion Forum. Join us around our fire for every day chit chat.

Old 02-09-2020, 12:00 PM

Default Foggy situation

Hey guys, I'm looking for some thoughts on a problem wearing eyeglasses. In the past when I have tried to wear a facemask, my glasses would fog up badly, to the point that I don't wear a mask anymore. I have recently been made aware of a couple products that say they are the answer to this problem (Cat Crap, Z-Clear). The reviews range from, this is the greatest thing on Earth to it doesn't work at all. Has anyone tried products like these two or do you have any other solutions.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff D View Post
Hey guys, I'm looking for some thoughts on a problem wearing eyeglasses. In the past when I have tried to wear a facemask, my glasses would fog up badly, to the point that I don't wear a mask anymore. I have recently been made aware of a couple products that say they are the answer to this problem (Cat Crap, Z-Clear). The reviews range from, this is the greatest thing on Earth to it doesn't work at all. Has anyone tried products like these two or do you have any other solutions.
I had the same problem...when I would breath out of my mouth or nose the lenses would fog up. I tired a couple of wipe on type things...but no matter what ya gotta breath. So I just don't cover my nose anymore if wearing a mask/gaiter neck.

They do sell gaiters with a nose opening and nose is still covered....I just haven't bought one yet...I only wear them when it's absolutely frigid.
Old 02-09-2020, 01:24 PM

JeffD so understand the problem and have tried numerous different products XNAVY says the problems is a person still has to breath what I managed to do is have the better half sew a very large button hole where my nose is on my mask and then cut it so the button hole opens plus I also use KleerVu antifogging spray on my glasses.
Sako Forester 22-250 55 Gr Sierra Spitzer Boattails
Browning A Bolt 30-06 tack driver
Remington Model 600 Mohawk 243 100 gr Gamekings
Old 02-09-2020, 06:00 PM

I have been fighting the same for 50 years.
Two years ago My granddaughter found the answer.
We both have ski goggles Problem gone.
I use clear lens at night, I use yellow in low light and bronze in the bright sun.
Why did no one tell me this before? warm face and nose and still be able to see. Win, Win!!!