Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Crow Hunting

Crow Hunting Share your experiences, tips, techniques, and thoughts about crow hunting here.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:16 PM

Default New

When setting up your decoys, how far from the blind are you placing them? Also are you putting the caller out with the decoys or off next to your position?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2016, 05:17 PM

I set my decoys up within 15 yards of the blind, being hidden is the more critical part. I actually set my caller right with my decoys, sometimes even setting a crow right on top of it.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOlBoy View Post
I set my decoys up within 15 yards of the blind, being hidden is the more critical part. I actually set my caller right with my decoys, sometimes even setting a crow right on top of it.
Thank you for the advice.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2016, 01:53 AM

I set mine around 25 yards out (to the center of the set) in a large C shape with the open area set up for them to land in. I started doing this as just something new but they started heading to the empty area right out of the gate and it made for a lot of easier shooting. Something else I have learned is there is apparently such a thing as to many decoys for my area. I don't know if this holds true everywhere but outside of corn fields and feed lots I don't use more then about 7 decoy anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2016, 08:23 AM
FOXPRO Field Staff

I suggest anybody really interested in successful crow hunting to view everything they can get their hands on by Bob Aronsohn. Learning what works for you is important too, but Bob is truly a crow's worst nightmare, and he shares his knowledge which helps you.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumal View Post
I suggest anybody really interested in successful crow hunting to view everything they can get their hands on by Bob Aronsohn. Learning what works for you is important too, but Bob is truly a crow's worst nightmare, and he shares his knowledge which helps you.
This is by far the best information. I have asked a LOT of questions about crow hunting over at crowbusters in this last few years i started hunting crow and Bob has always had good advice. I also bought his learning to call CD when i ordered some good hand call and practiced while riding in my car and i now combine my foxpro with some hand calls and it has gotten much better.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:05 AM

Great way to lour you prey in!!
keep practicing practice makes perfect