Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Predator Hunting

Predator Hunting It's open season on predator discussions! Questions, stories, tips, and techniques are all fair game.

Old 04-26-2019, 04:58 PM

Default Electronic call question

Hello everyone! Iím new to predator hunting and am looking for some advice on what type of electronic call I should get. I am planning on going with foxpro, but there are so many models itís kind of overwhelming. Iím the kind of guy who likes to buy something once and be done, so Iím looking for a call that I will be satisfied with now and in the future. In other words, I donít want to have to upgrade to a better call later. That being said, I just want a call that gets the job done. It doesnít have to have all the bells and whistles as long as it calls coyotes, foxes, bobcats, etc. I have been reading a lot of good stuff about the FoxPro Shockwave but it seems a little pricey. Would one of the other calls like the hammerjack, fusion, or crossfire call in the yotes just the same? I am willing to pay for the more pricey one if it will make me more successful but I donít want to pay for unnecessary bells and whistles. Like I said before Iím new to this so any and all advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2019, 05:21 PM

I went with the inferno for around$200, my buddy went with the fusion for around $400. His is louder than mine but both work great and sound clear. We've killed coyotes with both of them.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2019, 05:31 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

I'd recommend the Fusion if you want an ecaller for today and tomorrow. It will play all the Foxpro sounds, and has all the features you will ever need.
Old 04-26-2019, 06:02 PM

I would chose the Fusion or Shockwave... I use a Shockwave... I like the ability to point the speakers in any direction. I also like to play two sounds at once...It has helped me get quite a few Hung up Fox and Coyotes to commit to the call
Old 04-26-2019, 09:19 PM

If the Shockwave is too pricey. I'd go with the Fusion. You could always add an external speaker on down the line and in the meantime it has all the best features of the Shockwave.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:54 PM

Thanks for the advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2019, 04:18 PM

I have them both, the Shockwave and the Fusion. They both use the TX-1000 Remote, the best money can buy right there. The Shockwave gives you more speakers and you can aim them. This comes into play more when playing two sounds at once. The Fusion has two speakers, one horn speaker and one cone speaker. The Shockwave has two Horn type speakers with two tweeters. The Fusion is a great call, so is the Shockwave. I prefer the Shockwave in most cases, unless I am hiking good distance then it is the Fusion.

The TX-1000 is the important key factor for both of these calls, whatever you get for a caller, you want the TX-1000 Remote, so many options and aids to more effective calling.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Pruitt View Post
I have them both, the Shockwave and the Fusion. They both use the TX-1000 Remote, the best money can buy right there. The Shockwave gives you more speakers and you can aim them. This comes into play more when playing two sounds at once. The Fusion has two speakers, one horn speaker and one cone speaker. The Shockwave has two Horn type speakers with two tweeters. The Fusion is a great call, so is the Shockwave. I prefer the Shockwave in most cases, unless I am hiking good distance then it is the Fusion.

The TX-1000 is the important key factor for both of these calls, whatever you get for a caller, you want the TX-1000 Remote, so many options and aids to more effective calling.
Drop MIC.....there are no better words.

TX 1000

I run a FUSION
Old 04-30-2019, 04:42 AM
FOXPRO Field Staff

I prefer the combination of the Fusion and a SP60 speaker with a 6 ft. to 8 ft. cord. If I don't want to use the SP60, I don't have to, and the Fusion is compact and easy to set up in a variety of way. When I do use the SP60, I can really take advantage of the separation of speakers on stereo sounds, giving a truly realistic set up. On one successful set up, I had the SP60 about 5 ft. up in a bush, with a squirrel distress coming out of it, and an aggressive red fox coming out of the Fusion. A little imagination gives you lots of choices on your setup.
Old 05-25-2019, 01:25 PM

The Foxpro CS24-C also comes with the TX1000 remote and it is a very good caller also.

I always use the external SP-60 speaker when I am using my Fusion or my CS24-C. I am still using a old camo carry bag with card board box dividers in it to carry my caller , SP-60 speaker and 12 volt battery. I have been using this same camo bag since 2007.

IMG_0859 - Copy by , on Flickr
IMG_0938 by , on Flickr

In the two pictures above you can see how I set the caller and SP-60 speaker on top of the carry bag most of the time.