Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Fox Hunting

Fox Hunting Near and dear to the FOXPRO Family. The place for all discussions specific to fox hunting, including stories, photos, techniques, and questions.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:37 PM

Default Fox hunting or sitting home ?

Isent anyone out fox hunting ? I get on here to hear the stories but there are no new ones. Well, I went this morning around 5 and had what I believed to be a red come in but refused to come out of the brush. He sat there and made a little bark like only Ive heard from a red in the trap when he's pissed. He never came out and when I tried to use my remote the battery was dead- needles to say, no dog. After I warmed up my remote I hit mute and I heard a pack of yotes to the south on the other block. After they were done another pack started up the same distance to my west. Well, I had to get ready for work so my day was done. Im getting ready to hit it hard tonight, we only have 19 days left here in NY. Good luck if youre planning on going out.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:44 PM

Southern,sound like you have a bunch of yotes down there.i didn't get out today but hopefully in the am.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:39 PM

yeah, I tried that day hunting this weekend and had no luck. I like it but nothing yet. Saw alot of fox tracks around a 20 acer swamp yesterday and sat there over an hr with no response. Dident mind it cause it was nice out. Went from 3 til 4, maybe to early.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:32 PM

The one we called in on sat. Was at about 3:35 pm. And weds the one I missed was at 1 pm.so it does work.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:26 PM

Iv just been sitting home been sick as a dog lately though even after the surgery can't keep anything down. I might be done for the season and doubt I'll get on the ice this year either kinda a bummer but iv got a new angling kayak on hold so spring bass fishing is around the corner but I'm afraid my pred season is ending at just 1 fox.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:32 PM

That sucks Clayton,but your better off healing up.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:04 PM

115 red fox were just killed in Foxpro's New York State Predator Hunt.

Check it out here... http://lewand.tripod.com/barkatthemo...eclub/id3.html
Old 01-28-2013, 10:41 PM

well, 10:30 and I just got back. Got a grey on my first set and never called in another dog tonight. A lot of spots had fresh tracks already going through and I dont know if you should call that spot or circle, I called. Any Ideas ? Shot with 17 hornet at 60 yrds and again a exit hole the size of a nickle.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:28 PM

Default I know what you mean.

Live here in SE PA and it hard to find anyone to go out fox hunting. After deer season everyone talks about going out predator hunting. But when the time comes to go out there are many excuses, too cold, too windy, don't feel like it, maybe next week etc. Honestly I think they are afraid to hunt at night. It's not too much fun by yourself at least I'm out trying and learing.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:30 PM

Yeah I have a hard time findin partners to go also. My nephew used to go but he's to preoccupied now. My sons in a few years will be going though.