Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Coyote Hunting

Coyote Hunting Canis latrans. Ky'ote. Ky'otee. Whatever you want to call it, it's one of the most popular predators hunted in the world today.

Old 12-14-2019, 06:46 PM

Some great stories and photos! Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-15-2019, 01:14 PM

Beautiful snow angel. The FB feature account gave me a laugh as it has happened to me many times.... Thanks for sharing
Old 12-16-2019, 01:41 PM

Default On A String

[IMG][/IMG]
Sets 3-5 dry , Set up for # 6 was looking to the North with open fields running up to a Lake and Brushy area. I have Fusion hanging on a broken tree branch raising it off the snow.I start sequence with Howls , just switch up to distress call. My focus was looking to the North West when I caught movement off to my right here comes this lite coloured Female Hard, On a string.I mute the fusion I swing on her she see me move and bounces to a stop at 60 yds. The 204 barks before the snow dust settles, snow nap. Got to like when things works that way.

Last edited by oldboy; 12-16-2019 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-16-2019, 09:49 PM

Very nicely done; beautiful yote.
Old 12-16-2019, 09:58 PM

Default Lucky 7

[IMG][/IMG
The Seventh set was tuff to hide the truck, But this was in the area that I had got winded three dogs six days earlier. Wind was right but hiding the truck behind a small bush, wasn't the best..Finding a good spot to call from was equally tuff. So I laid down with Fusion a bit North of me, calling to North it should work But seeing from my grassy spot wasn't the best so after about 10 min.mark it's time to call it a day. Shut the call off and look to the west and there's a coyote looking at me at 350 ish yds. I get my 204 lined up cross hair on fur line of her back. Looking into sun I squeezed and let the 204 bark. I see her bounce up in scope and off on a dead run and see some snow fly up from the grass she run into. I collect my things and took the truck over to where I last seen her.I find her running track, but no tracking required . There she is laying in a willow bush. Really like Berger Bullets. Sometimes 7 is lucky. And yes I did fall over trying to get in place, but Five seconds on the timer.??

Last edited by oldboy; 12-16-2019 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:37 PM

Great shooting! I always enjoy reading your posts and seeing those beautiful coyotes you harvest up there. Congrats again
Old 12-31-2019, 01:01 PM

Default Last Of The Year

[IMG][/IMG]
Finally got a bit of time to play. Weather warmer Lots of Fog.So got to play for a few hours. It was foggy but kind of lifted a bit in the area I was in. Found some fresh tracks on old trail but wind wasn't right. So I drove around to the next mile road and walked in to a slough and set up for first set. After about 15 min. seen one come out of the Fog but could get him to commit . lost site of him again but seen him pop his head up on a high hill. One more step only one more. But the only step he took was back out of site. And started warning barking, I tried everything but could not make him show again. And finally it just got quiet. So off to find a new spot.Second set Fog cleared walked about 3/4 mile to get a spot that I could see and away from Truck. Set up was looking to the West/South pasture as wind was very light from SW.I could see down a creek about 1/2 mile. I changed up my sequence a bit and went straight to distress, and Magpie fight. At appx. 12 min. mark I see this good looking female coming hard down the creek.I shift and get ready She coming hard, lower volume, hit it again,mute. she's half the distance and stops. I start the Fusion and mute, she on a string. I'm ready just before she get the edge of creek I bark to stop her.The only thing she does is jump to see over the grass. I lose site of her in grass I wait , There she is in an open spot The 204 barks and Mr.Berger delivers Happy New Year. Snow angel time.

THE BEST TO FOXPRO AND FELLOW CALLERS IN 2020. TAKE CARE, AIM small -miss SMALL!
Old 12-31-2019, 08:02 PM

That's a beauty alright. Congrats again on a fine harvest. I enjoyed your account of the hunt. Thank you for sharing and Happy New Year to you!
Old 01-27-2020, 10:18 PM

Default Third Time Lucky

[IMG][/IMG]
Finally a day with no Howling wind. This was the third stand, Started with Female Howls, well the old bush lite up with call backs. I howled one more time. then waited before it hit the snowshoe. And here they come three of them. Muted the call, they slowed down,I called again, on a string they are coming. I didn't move until they were with in 50 yds. I swing on the first one, Click,I jack another round in, pull on the second one, Click, I jack another in, pull on the third one , as the others are booking out. FINALLY the 204 barks and down goes the third. The FoxBang kicks in . I'm put a single round in and try to get on the big male that came back. But he won't stop ,Then he turns to book out and I free hand a running shot.The 204 barks and Mr.Berger finds the mark Snow nap. Double up.
I tried the rounds that wouldn't fire and they worked. So I guess Third Time Lucky.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:25 PM

Default Old Dog

[IMG][/IMG]
And old warrior, But will not take anymore Deer.