Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Turkey Hunting

Turkey Hunting That's right, FOXPRO is now pleased to offer products to the turkey hunters out there. We've always been diehard turkey hunters as well, so it's time to put the FOXPRO touch into your turkey calling.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:33 AM
FOXPRO Field Staff

Default Good trick to bag a big gobbler

Here is a little trick I learned that has resulted in harvesting several big gobblers. It works especially well when the gobblers are henned up. If you see where a big gobbler follows a boss hen, instead of trying to follow up and call him back, give him a little time to get fully out of sight. Then set up where you have a good view of the area used to follow the hen, and far enough to sound like you are leaving him. Do a series of aggressive yelps mixed in with a cackle or two, and then shut up and watch.

When the hen has slipped off, as she is sure to do, the gobbler will remember where he heard that aggressive hen advertising, and he will slip back in. The big old gobblers do not forget when love is on their mind.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:11 PM

I have also found copying that boss hen and agitating her to come in and he will follow. For us impatient hunters I love this way. You get to call more than I usually will.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:26 PM

Good tip! If it's legal in any state to use a e caller, put the call 60-80 yards behind u from where u have him located or spotted, and turn on baby turkey, that chirping sound and play it like crazy, pause it every 10 seconds for about 3 seconds and keep it going. The tom usually runs in hard and tries to see what's going on! I've done this trying to call predators the last 2 months!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk