Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Fox Hunting

Fox Hunting Near and dear to the FOXPRO Family. The place for all discussions specific to fox hunting, including stories, photos, techniques, and questions.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis Man View Post
All righty then. Thanks for the info. although, Night Eyes, I don't think I want to bother removing them. We live in town, and the neighbors sure wouldn't appreciate gunfire in the alley behind their homes! :-) But I might drop by there and ask about the legality of using the call in town.

As for what sounds to use, it sounds like y'all are saying vole (auto correct seems to think I meant VILE!) squeaks and kittens in distress are the ones to use. And maybe birds & rabbits.

Last night I sat in the driveway and ran the call rather softly for a while. I didn't see any foxes, but as soon as I tried the "crow fight", a big ole blackbird landed in the tree right over the call! That's something to remember. I might try it a little later next time the wind isn't blowing and it's warm enough that I don't need such a heavy jacket.
He was probably referring to a cage or catch pole....; )

Heavy Jacket?.....predator calling is synonymous with frigid weather.....the colder the better they respond....; )

What are you using for cover in the driveway? a car? mailbox?....; )

I'd stick it in a shrub, bush or plants and work the remote from inside the car, or house.....
Old 03-24-2017, 12:03 AM

I've been hiding behind the car but inside the car is a thought. It's just so incredibly windy out here this time of year. I might have to put this off for a couple of weeks.

And I'm just kinda playing with the foxes. I don't really want to start shooting them. Once I get the hang of calling foxes, though, I just might go for a cougar. I'd be armed to the teeth for that...
Old 03-24-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
I've been hiding behind the car but inside the car is a thought. It's just so incredibly windy out here this time of year. I might have to put this off for a couple of weeks.

And I'm just kinda playing with the foxes. I don't really want to start shooting them. Once I get the hang of calling foxes, though, I just might go for a cougar. I'd be armed to the teeth for that...
This is starting to be a very entertaining thread indeed.........
Old 03-25-2017, 12:20 PM

I'm sorry, I thought you would of thought I meant catching them (not shooting ) by means of trapping. I don't know of any city that allows non law enforcement to use firearms/ bows/crossbows/ BB/Pellet guns.
Old 03-25-2017, 03:10 PM

Well darn. I went to reprogram my call today, to get all the extra calls out of the way, and it acts like the memory card/chip/whatever has gone flakey. I can't delete or add anything, but at least they all still work. Guess I'll call the factory Monday and try to figure it out.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Well darn. I went to reprogram my call today, to get all the extra calls out of the way, and it acts like the memory card/chip/whatever has gone flakey. I can't delete or add anything, but at least they all still work. Guess I'll call the factory Monday and try to figure it out.
Ask for Zack......and ask him what the best sound is for calling in a Cougar to a drive way....then make a request for "Toddlers at play"...or maybe "jogger at rest".......; )

Tell him XNAVYORDIE is wondering.......; )
Old 03-25-2017, 09:45 PM

OK, I'll do that!

😂
Old 04-03-2017, 03:13 PM

I hunt some properties like that. I try go where I wont be seen . then I call no louder than the surroundings so I don't draw attention from humans . try to sound natural. no screaming full volume bunny for 10 min here. I use off and on rodent distress , bluejay distress , cranky cardinal , the FoxPro kamikaze hand call, ect