Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO Sounds > Sounds Discussion

Sounds Discussion Have a question about what sounds to use? Or maybe you need help selecting new sounds. This is the place to ask.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:50 PM

Default sequences...newbie

just got my new Fury ( foxbang updated

anyone want to share some of their favorite sequences for coyotes.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:21 AM

guess not !
Old 02-22-2012, 10:31 AM

this time of year because they are matting i would do more howls then distress sounds like female yip howl, female long howl or coyote pair and try pup distress and you can still mix in some rabbit distress sounds with that
Old 02-24-2012, 03:08 PM

i promise there is no magic sequence that works all the time. I always use distress first. Had many coyotes that i didn't notice coming in but noticed them leaving after I howled. I use howling only after about the 10min mark. I know many will disagree with me as I too have howled to start sets especially during breeding season but coyotes that come to distress only seem less cautious to the wind than coyotes that worry about sizing up the competion. I sure do howl alot and use pup distress with success but not to begin a blind set. use rabbit distress but don't forget the birds. Bird distress has been my go to this year.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:20 AM

Default sequences newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by callingnut View Post
i promise there is no magic sequence that works all the time. I always use distress first. Had many coyotes that i didn't notice coming in but noticed them leaving after I howled. I use howling only after about the 10min mark. I know many will disagree with me as I too have howled to start sets especially during breeding season but coyotes that come to distress only seem less cautious to the wind than coyotes that worry about sizing up the competion. I sure do howl alot and use pup distress with success but not to begin a blind set. use rabbit distress but don't forget the birds. Bird distress has been my go to this year.
Nuts right. Its funny cause there are no everytimes,alwayss and absolutes in this business. No matter how long you do it something will always surprise you. Youll learn new things as you go, especially around here. You have in my opinion the best e call on the market with all your sounds. The best thing you can do is get out and do it. For example. I have squeaked coyotes in the fall within 25 yds yds of my running F450 in the middle of an open field during harvest and shotgunned them. Young ones and not a recommended way of calling by the way. I have driven right up to a stack of bales in a noisy diesel and called 3 yotes in that couldnt have been more than 50 yds away and heard the diesel. I have also been half a mile in on what should have been perfect country and done everything right and had no results. You just have to get out and get er done. As I said you will pick up good tips along the way from a lot fo folks. Weasel had a good one the other day for me about working the edges of the bush late season as they do get smarter even the young ones. Instead of trying to get them to cover open ground. Make it easy and "safe" for them to check out your call. Excellent tip and made me look at it from a whole new perspective. I would say use the wind and start with distress and see what happens. You can also watch the furtakers video for tips. I watched Randy Anderson and primos videos when I first started as there was little else available to me. Gave me the basics and the rest I am still learning. Have fun though.
4-12x42 Bushnell laser range finding scope.
Foxpro FX3 and Jack in the box
Every hand and mouth call under the sun. (except for one of Weasel's custom calls)

Last edited by kenfortmac34; 02-26-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:37 PM

Good tips, kenfortmac!
Old 03-16-2012, 01:31 PM

Thx guys, I got my second coyote with my new fury yesterday.I started with a titmouse tantrum. About 15 secs into it a coyote howled and yipped about 1/2 mile away.It was a male. Then a second male howled further away again. They started back and forth . I stopped the bird call, waited about a minute then turned on Female long howl 2. Dog one answered, I called back, he answered. I did this 5 times then stopped. 29 mins later he showed up.Dead Dog. Howling is new to me and I have a lot to learn. Its good when the coyote teaches you.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big37dog View Post
Its good when the coyote teaches you.
I think you found the secret right there!