Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO Sounds > Sounds Discussion

Sounds Discussion Have a question about what sounds to use? Or maybe you need help selecting new sounds. This is the place to ask.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:20 PM

Default spitfire

I have a new spitfire.I used the female invitaion the other day,and a female came in.I thought this call was for tempting the males.What do you think?. She didnt come running in.She just kind of wondered out into the open.Then she stopped at the bottom of a draw,and looked up in the direction of the call.So the question is,did she come to the call,? or did I just get lucky?.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:07 PM

Nobody knows but the coyote and she's not talking. I think she came to the call. They are curious creatures and often investigate different sounds.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:55 PM

old243
Female coyotes will also respond to this call. If she was the dominate female in the area she's out to see where this other female is. Kinda like your wife when the ex girlfriends calls. The claws come out looking for a fight, if you know what I mean. From what I have found, even when a male shows up they take alot longer to show up, not as quick when using ditress calls, and come in very slow looking around the whole way in. I always sit longer on a stand when using coyote howls during breeding season.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:48 PM

The female coyote may have thought your call was another female interloper and may have been ready to run your butt down the road. I've had Alpha females get hopping mad using the female invitation sound on my FX5. GREAT locator!!!!