Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > General Discussion > Important Information

Important Information Important information from FOXPRO Inc.

Old 04-10-2017, 03:35 PM

Default Unexpected Update

Totally out of the blue.....Received another email from Nic Maglio of BTI. Said he found a few of the Wide Body Rests that were service/repair parts. No QC stem attached. Said because of the interest I showed in the discontinued rest he is sending me one of them....and I imagine whomever else here that showed interest as well.

This is awesome customer service......to come across parts and recall someone who inquired months ago?....wow. Another reason to love BTI products....

No stem is no problem.....any current QC stem will work. I have a few spares....; )

Bad part is......if they are willing to give their spare parts away.....chances are they will not be offered again in the near future......
Old 04-11-2017, 02:09 PM

I got that set from Natchez just to get the Wide Body Shooting Rest but with my AR15 I can't get the rifle to balance on the rest unless I put my Bipods on to add weight forward. I have ended up using the Precision Shooting Rest more than the Wide Body Rest. I can set the rifle in the rest and leave it there during the hunt. A little more awkward to carry around but it's not too bad.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:07 PM

I bought the tripod BogPod a few weeks back and tried getting the wide body, no luck. I saw this thread and contacted Nic. In a few days I had one. However, the stem in the yoke does not unscrew, in addition to that it is a 5/16" stem, the threaded insert in the wide body is 3/8" thread. I guess I will have to have a machinist trim down a 3/8" bolt stem to 5/16".
Old 04-28-2017, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortrange View Post
I bought the tripod BogPod a few weeks back and tried getting the wide body, no luck. I saw this thread and contacted Nic. In a few days I had one. However, the stem in the yoke does not unscrew, in addition to that it is a 5/16" stem, the threaded insert in the wide body is 3/8" thread. I guess I will have to have a machinist trim down a 3/8" bolt stem to 5/16".
Yes the stem for the WBR is a different size. All attachments on the QC "Switcheroo" system unscrew. I have several, some are in pretty tight.

You can order the correct size stem from BTI.