Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Predator Hunting

Predator Hunting It's open season on predator discussions! Questions, stories, tips, and techniques are all fair game.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:22 PM

Ditto Ditto and Double Ditto. Caldwell offers three tripods coming in at 5, 6.5 and 13 lbs.
The magnum comes in at 13 lbs. and has legs like a surveyors tripod. Only thing missing is the cup holder for the ice tea, but thats under consideration before next years groundhog season. I also have the bog-pod with the 4 inch saddle thats my walk-N-gun set up works very well. Swivels left to right but not vertically a slight body height change is all thats needed. Both work reasonable well.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:39 PM

Default Have a Caldwell and two trigger sticks

The Caldwell is as good as a bench. I've killed coyotes out to 350 yards but I don't carry it far from the car. For that I have two tripod trigger sticks. If you don't guess right on direction for any tripod you have to be ready to sweep the thing out of the way.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:38 PM

Percision rifle solution
Slik tripods with saddle compact and very lightweight. Love it. I rest my AR or bolt action on top hands free.
Med and large frame tri pods price is great also.
Just giving u another idea
Old 03-07-2018, 11:30 PM

Default I have the Caldwell Magnum Field Pod and I like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry B View Post
Anyone usig one of these for predator hunting? Reviews say they are very stable . Anything is better than the 2point rest on my trigger sticks, moves all over the place and has cost me 2 foxes this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
The only down side it that it weights about 13 lbs and it's hard to carry very far.

If you have a four wheel to drive to your shooting site then it will be a nice addition. You can shoot standing up or sitting down or even laying down with it as it's fully adjustable. It's very sturdy too an steady. It hold an AR15 nice and steady

Coyotehunter