Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Night Hunting

Night Hunting If you're afraid of the dark, this might not be the right forum for you. If not, turn off your light and share your stories, post your photos, and ask away.

Old 11-05-2019, 06:17 PM

Default The Quad Squad-Halloween Hunt

My wife has been hospitalized for more than a week and my hunting buddy has been having to go it alone. He finally got me the video of his Halloween night hunt.

He calls in a quad and manages to take them all. There was a strong front coming with lots of wind and rain. It was blowing a steady 20-25 mph and gusting higher. Coyote #1 requires 3 shots to put her down. After he shoots her, two more coyotes come charging in. It takes two shots to put #2 down. Another coyote joins the melee and he kills #3, but misses #4 and then clicks on an empty chamber. He didn't have any extra ammo with him, so he rides all the way out to the highway retrieves more ammo and rides back and kills coyote #4 which is still milling around out in the field. Sometimes the stars just align and I reckon you could say he got the Trick and the Treat. Single-handed quads on eastern coyotes don't come easy. He did a fine job of keeping his composure, persevering to the end, and making the quad happen with it blowing a gale. Nicely done, buddy.

IMG950160 by Double Up, on Flickr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOc3...ature=youtu.be
Old 11-06-2019, 12:59 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

Good looking coyotes for sure. Video shows a wild west show well worth the watching. Thanks for posting.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:58 PM

Pretty cool you got all 4, going back for more ammo, awesome
Congrats