Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Night Hunting

Night Hunting If you're afraid of the dark, this might not be the right forum for you. If not, turn off your light and share your stories, post your photos, and ask away.

Old 01-20-2020, 11:29 AM

Default Double Your Pleasure, Double Your Fun

We didn't have any results last night on our stand. Just about the time we finished the wind picked up, and kept it from being so still. When my partner dropped me off at my home, I saw a coyote in the field but moving away and too far for a shot. I made a couple of howls on the Lil' dog and a pup distress, but the coyote wasn't having any of it.

About 10:30 I decided to check the field again, and saw two coyotes but again too far and moving away, so I didn't bother them.

About an hour later, I checked the field again figuring the coyotes might come looking for where the earlier howls and pup distress had come from. Sure enough they were coming up the field from the south headed north and one cut over beyond my yard. I almost tried to kill two with one shot, but decided the V-max probably wouldn't give me the penetration needed to do that. So, I took the rear coyote thinking the lead one wouldn't see it fall. The first one was the male and the larger of the two. I killed him at 234 yds. The female ran across another cut and I killed her at 301 yds. Shot her heart out. Here's the pictures and video.

IMG_0566 by Double Up, on Flickr

IMG_0568 by Double Up, on Flickr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROPO...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-20-2020, 03:58 PM

Good shooting!
Old 01-28-2020, 09:00 AM

Thank you sir! I was able to capitalize on another double on Sunday night.

On Sunday night we didn't do anything on our calling stand and gave it close to an hour. Well we did call in a bobcat, and they always get a pass here, but we've seen a lot of cats this year. Came home and saw a coyote in the big field that surrounds my home, but spooked her off. She came back about an hour later. She ran about 50 yds. after the shot. It was a female-28 lbs.-Range was 215 yds.-double lung

IMG_0564 by Double Up, on Flickr

About an hour later I decided to check the field again and saw the second one, pretty big male weighed in at 39 lbs. 4 0z.- Range was 301 yds. on him. I thought he might come closer, but looked like he was going back to the woods, so I took the long shot again.

IMG_0570 by Double Up, on Flickr

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SV5...ature=youtu.be