Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Turkey Hunting

Turkey Hunting That's right, FOXPRO is now pleased to offer products to the turkey hunters out there. We've always been diehard turkey hunters as well, so it's time to put the FOXPRO touch into your turkey calling.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:16 PM
FOXPRO Administration

Default Check out FOXPRO's NEW Turkey Calls.

Guys, I'm really excited about these new turkey calls! The slate and glass calls have stayed pretty much the same for the past 30+ years. Sure, some sound better than others based on quality and workmanship, but they have all been pretty much the same, until now. When we decided to enter the turkey market, I said that the only way I would entertain it was to do something completely different and innovative. I wanted something unique that offered turkey hunters a clear choice. The first thing I suggested was changing the shape of the call--we were told that you couldn't do anything but a round slate or glass call. Wrong thing to say. We are pleased to introduce to you the Crooked Spur calls from FOXPRO--the first non round turkey slate or glass ever offered! The unique shape offers the ability to sound like many different turkeys, all from the same call, thanks to it's unique design. A standard round call will allow for one, maybe two different sounds. The pressure points around the surface is the same due to the round shape. With the Crooked Spur's design, which offers many different angles, it offers you many different sounds achieved from the same call.
Also, we've added the FOXPRO touch---a predator call built right into the striker! How many times have you been calling turkeys and have had predators come into your set. Now, you can close the deal on them as well thanks to this built in predator call!
You will find these in many retailers, or you can order directly from FOXPRO.

Here is a link to the commercial for the Crooked Spur:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syMK8uVlsnI

I will post more pics soon.

This will be one of the hottest items to hit the turkey market this year. If you want one, better get one while supplies last!

Mike Dillon
Old 02-05-2014, 08:25 PM

I suspect other call makers will be playing catch up again. Way to keep ahead of the others with another innovative FoxPro Product.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:05 AM
FOXPRO Field Staff

Looking good, Mike. That ought to be a winner.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:03 PM

There's a reason why instruments are round and flowing without corners or dead ends. Think about it.

I have seen many square & octagon slate calls that left a lot to be desired. Your calls have a nice look and that's a big selling point.