Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Coyote Hunting

Coyote Hunting Canis latrans. Ky'ote. Ky'otee. Whatever you want to call it, it's one of the most popular predators hunted in the world today.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:27 PM

Post New to coyote hunting

Hey guys i live in Northern SD and i am just getting started. I have the Foxpro Firestorm. It has been a warm spell latly here and i was wondering if it will still be good hunting with the warmer weather.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:42 PM

I'm on a dry spell with the yotes right now. Ive called in several foxes and a bobcat, but no yotes since Christmas. It may be a little tougher since the yotes dont have to work that hard for food. If we do see a good winter with lots of snow, then they may become more active because they will have to work harder to find food. You should be able to kill a few anyway, but who knows. It took me awhile to understand that sometimes with the best conditions you wont call anything, and sometimes when you think there isnt a chance, you cant run them off. Theres never a sure fire way of hunting these smart animals. Good luck with the hunting and stay after em'.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coontrapper95 View Post
Hey guys i live in Northern SD and i am just getting started. I have the Foxpro Firestorm. It has been a warm spell latly here and i was wondering if it will still be good hunting with the warmer weather.
They don't migrate and head for colder weather. They are still there.

It's 40F at night and 74F in the daytime here. Last club hunt I went to produced a pile of dead coyote.

Go call them!

Tags
beginner, calling, coyote, hunting, weather