Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Big Game Hunting

Big Game Hunting Share your experiences, tips, techniques, and thoughts about big game hunting here. Deer, Elk, Moose, Bear, Bigfoot, or whatever else we may have missed.

Old 01-18-2018, 01:31 PM

Default Another Illinois Buck down

It’s been a while. I’m old and forgot my password. Finally figured it out today. I rattled this buck and numerous others in within literally 3-5 minutes after hitting a series of calls on my FX 5. Over the years I have killed numerous whitetails with my Fox Pro. In my article I wrote that my Fox Pro is just as important to me as my bow is when I hit the woods. There is a reason for that. Although this deer isn’t a monster compared to the ones I’ve taken Over the years this one was the right one to take for sure. It’s nice when you hit the woods with the confidence in yourself and the same in your equipment. As fate would have it, this guy came in from my right when. I was watching all the deer to my left that came to the sound of the fighting and rattling bucks from my FX5. I caught movement to my right and looked and to my surprise this guy was standing 10 yards from me. I was going to let him walk and noticed that he was bleeding from his leg and not putting any weight on it. It appeared someone missed him with a mechanical broad head. I let him get about 20-25 yards away and he turned broadside and quartering away. I released the arrow and made a perfect shot. He ran approximately 30-40 yards and was dead. I looked at his leg as soon as I got to him and found his muscle and tendons were completely severed to the bone. If I didn’t have my Fox Pro I may never have had that deer come in close enough for a shot.

Well I couldn’t get the picture to upload... ��

Last edited by psycho; 01-18-2018 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:59 AM

Congrats, nicely done.