Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Big Game Hunting

Big Game Hunting Share your experiences, tips, techniques, and thoughts about big game hunting here. Deer, Elk, Moose, Bear, Bigfoot, or whatever else we may have missed.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:33 PM

You can't just say a going price because it varies so much. Most taxidermist give between $10 to $25 sometimes as much as $50 credit to people that bring them good capes. On the taxidermy market, taxidermist to taxidermist those capes could sell for as much as $200 each and as much as $400 for a huge buck. Just like everything else, the market stinks and a lot of capes ie. whitetails up to 18 inches, a taxidermist is lucky to get $45 for them prepped and ready for the tannery. About the same exact rule of thumb for Mulies right now. Heck black coyotes use to go fir $300 or more and now you are lucky to get $100 to $150 for them...
Old 11-01-2010, 09:16 PM

Found a cape last week. I gave $75 for it. Psycho, I had shot at this deer a week earlier. I hit a piece a thorn brush that through the arrow off target slicing his neck. His neck had some infection in it. It had a smell to it, so I decided myself to toss the cape. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:54 PM

No problem. Glad you found one.