Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Coyote Hunting

Coyote Hunting Canis latrans. Ky'ote. Ky'otee. Whatever you want to call it, it's one of the most popular predators hunted in the world today.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:10 PM

I only get to hunt in the daytime but use a black jack every set. Haven't ever seen a time where I knew it scared something off.
Nights become legal in Feb. can't wait to try that out.
Shmidt & Bender 3 X 12
Hornady V-Max
Old 12-12-2013, 08:11 AM

Here's a new twist on using a decoy...have the foxjack 2 and I have had a blackjack also. Take the rabbit with the long white tail that comes with the blackjack , put piece of Velcro on bottom and attach it to the handle on my Spitfire. Now take the wire piece that the woodpecker is attached to...that comes with the foxjack decoy...and remove the woodpecker all together and place just the springy wire to the joxjack and turn it on. You will see that the wire turning will vibrate the unit enough to make the rabbit shake like crazy...might have to raise the unit just high enough to be seen from a distance..but that will drive a fox, yote , cat nuts..they will come in and have had cats pounce on it...so be ready if one appears...they look so real and can't resist. Also, you can leave woodpecker attached to wire and rabbit velco to unit and you got 2 going at same time. Works either way.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:25 AM

I would love to get one but I call in way more hawks and owls than coyotes. I am sure they would get my decoy first day out. I guess I could tie it down but it still would ruin the set. Sometimes I will have 2-3 hawks flying around within 15 yards of the caller.

Tags
coyote hunting, decoys, mojo