Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Coyote Hunting

Coyote Hunting Canis latrans. Ky'ote. Ky'otee. Whatever you want to call it, it's one of the most popular predators hunted in the world today.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:49 AM
FPMikeK

Default New Special on National Geographic: Killed by Coyotes

In October 2009, while hiking in a national park in Nova Scotia, Canadian folk singer Taylor Mitchell was mauled to death by coyotes.

It was the first ever instance of an adult being killed by these beasts, so what drove the attack?

Find out on NAT GEO WILD / HD: FRI 17 JUNE, 8PM

For more information, check out http://tv.sky.com/killed-by-coyotes
Old 06-14-2011, 01:23 AM

I certainly remember when this happened. Very pretty, talented young woman from around Toronto who vacationed on Cape Bretton island. What an awful death. Being killed by wolves would be fairly quick, coyotes would be painful and slow! Just nasty.

What this country needs are more unemployed politicians.-- Edward Langley, Artist (1928-1995)
It only takes one sociopath to ruin your day. But the Liberals can ruin your life...
http://a1.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/135/6b57f2576c1b487c882ecc1406c9deee/m.gif
Old 09-02-2011, 11:48 PM

interesting. could have been a pack of wild dogs. they have killed humans before. seems they have to blame something out there. and I am sure the folks that came to her aid saw something. But, I would bet they were not sure what it was.
Any ways it was a shame that such a wonderful young lady had to have this happen to her.

we had a movie star (french) come to one of the pearlas island in panama, from her yacht she and her boy friend went ashore to a beach on a pretty much uninhabited island. a pack of wild dogs came out and killed and ate her while her boy friend swam back to the boat. I tried googlin a link to it. no luck. this happened back in the late 70's.

And when I am out calling and away from towns ect. and dogs come to the call, I take them out.

Last edited by Kyote; 09-03-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:45 PM

A pit bull killed a man in my county earlier this summer. The man came to check on his friends house while they were out of town. The neighbor's dog was loose and attacked him. The sheriff took the dog and a couple weeks ago the DNA results came back confirming that it was the dog.