Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Night Hunting

Night Hunting If you're afraid of the dark, this might not be the right forum for you. If not, turn off your light and share your stories, post your photos, and ask away.

Old 01-16-2020, 02:13 AM

Default Three Howl Night

Came home from Church tonight pretty late since we had January Birthday Celebration after preaching service. My hunting buddy who has been sick, had sent me a text and said he thought I should try calling since his Husky was already out hunting tonight.

So, being lazy like, I didn't want to put on all that gear after 10 O'clock and go outside calling, so I thought I would just make two or three howls on the Lil' Dog. I did three howls on the little green call and immediately see a coyote coming across the field.

Too late to go outside and setup so I just hope for the best. He comes right on across the field and gives me a 230 yd. shot straight behind my pond. Here is the coyote, another good sized male.

IMG_0563 by Double Up, on Flickr

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OA6...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-16-2020, 01:24 PM

Nice video. Can't believe that deer trotted right by the coyote.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:59 PM

That deer has a crippled front leg. I've been watching her for at least a year and every time there is a coyote in the field she is the first deer to leave. I guess she realizes that she can't out run them, so she has to out think them. She was cutting it pretty close last night though. The coyote wasn't that far from her and saw her coming, but didn't give chase. I think he had his mind on love, and that pretty sounding female he heard begging for attention.