Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Night Hunting

Night Hunting If you're afraid of the dark, this might not be the right forum for you. If not, turn off your light and share your stories, post your photos, and ask away.

Old 09-14-2018, 10:27 AM

Default white weapon lights

so i was wondering how many of you use a white shooting light? i use red to look for eyes coming in but i have a very hard time id'ing animals coming in with my red kill light. thought of switching to white

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2018, 09:18 AM

I know some guys that use them. Myself I use red. I have noticed that sometimes the intensity of the halo would spook them. They would blink, turn their head and even leave quickly. I sometimes had a chance to turn it down and they would turn and stare at me for awhile. As far as ID. I look at their body movements, when I'm sure, I go into the scope.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Eyes View Post
I know some guys that use them. Myself I use red. I have noticed that sometimes the intensity of the halo would spook them. They would blink, turn their head and even leave quickly. I sometimes had a chance to turn it down and they would turn and stare at me for awhile. As far as ID. I look at their body movements, when I'm sure, I go into the scope.
thanks night eyes. looking at getting one of your 300r light kits but just looking to make due this season till funds become available. the one i have now is pretty dim with red and dont want to shoot someones dog or even a bobcat which are still endangered here in indiana. will try the white till then

Old 09-17-2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frydarinj View Post
thanks night eyes. looking at getting one of your 300r light kits but just looking to make due this season till funds become available. the one i have now is pretty dim with red and dont want to shoot someones dog or even a bobcat which are still endangered here in indiana. will try the white till then

That's Joe from night eyes. See when I first signed up, I never herd of Night eyes the company and FoxPro allowed me to have the same title. After I found out, I discussed this with them and they said it was ok. However I do have and use Night eyes head light and love it.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Eyes View Post
That's Joe from night eyes. See when I first signed up, I never herd of Night eyes the company and FoxPro allowed me to have the same title. After I found out, I discussed this with them and they said it was ok. However I do have and use Night eyes head light and love it.
lol. my mistake. just assumed you were joe. heard they make very good lights. have a couple new models coming out i hear. will be my next purchase

Old 09-18-2018, 08:03 AM

The head light I have from him, I bought 3 years ago. has 5 different settings. it frees my hands for remote, hand calls and scoped rifle. Having hands free walking into or out of stand has paid off many times. I hunt 98% by myself.