Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO Sounds > Sounds Discussion

Sounds Discussion Have a question about what sounds to use? Or maybe you need help selecting new sounds. This is the place to ask.

Old 01-05-2015, 08:15 PM

Question foxcast example sequences

Hi guys,

I just ordered my custom fusion caller and I'm super pumped to get out there with the new technology. As we all know, if you order a caller with custom sounds you wont get the premade foxcast sequences.

I am writing in hopes some experts can post a few of their foxcast sequences that I can use as a template for building my own, with my own sounds.

I realize that everyone may have different sounds on their callers, but it would be so helpful to have a template to follow to get the pauses, repeats, voumes and durations down pat. I can fill in my own distress/predator sounds- I am just not sure about all the other particulars. This is for a FoxPro fusion.

Thank you all in advance!
Old 01-05-2015, 08:31 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

Have you tried to make a sequence with the File Generator?
Old 01-05-2015, 08:45 PM

While I have not yet received my fusion, I have played around with the File Generator. It is straight forward and easy to use.

That being said I am still hoping someone would share a few examples of complete sets that I can use as a template. I am looking for guidance as to what works for others so I can formulate my sets in a similar fashion.

I wish FoxPro would post the premade foxcast sequences that come with the standard unit somewhere...

Last edited by Treewalker87; 01-05-2015 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:04 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

It would be no trouble for someone to do that, but even if they hook their ecaller up to the computer, and go in and get the print out on a particular sequence, it wouldn't tell you anything if you didn't know what the numbers correspond to on their ecaller. They probably remember to a certain extent, and some may have it written down in detail, but they are the only ones that would be any good for what you are asking.

If I were you, I'd just plan out a sequence that lasts from 20 to 30 minutes, with the volumes I want, the pauses, the sound switches, and then use the File Generator to make it. Some guys start out with an interrogational howl or two, pause about a minute, repeat, pause again, and then maybe go into Coyote & rabbit for a few minutes at a particular volume, pause about a minute, come back with a rabbit distress, pause, repeat at lower volume, etc..

I don't use that kind of sequence or I'd be glad to give you the exact directive you need. I make most of my sequences on Goldwave and they last from 15 to 20 minutes.

Tags
calling tips, coyote, foxcast, fusion, sequence