www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Predator Hunting

Predator Hunting It's open season on predator discussions! Questions, stories, tips, and techniques are all fair game.

Old 10-16-2021, 09:31 PM

Default Toughing It Out

I finally got the recording from my partner on last Sunday night's hunt. We made it work under some tough conditions. Blowing a steady 20+NE and misting rain as well. We went back to the same field where we've already killed 6 this year. It is a big field running a mile north to south and a mile and a half east to west. We set up right in the middle of it where I saw the 2nd coyote the other night when I killed the one where my buddy's scope batteries died.

The coyote came out to our north a little better than 700 yds. away. I don't think she could even hear the call as hard as it was blowing. Anyway I spotted her with the Phenom and when it became apparent that she wasn't interested in our calling or she couldn't hear it, I told my buddy to take his Razor electric bike and ride to her since she wouldn't be able to hear him or smell him coming.

She was very near the end of the field road we were on. When he got there a tractor was parked that he could prop his rifle on for the shot. Here is a picture. I watched it all unfold from 700 yds. away. Wouldn't have seen her without the Phenom and the conditions were very tough. My partner ordered a Phenom from NG yesterday.

#12 by Double Up, on Flickr

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVxamUEUXr8
Old 10-17-2021, 02:16 PM

Very cool! I'm thinking an electric bike is going to become more popular for hunting.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:12 AM

We've been using them two years now, and they have served us well.

IMG_20191217_115013752 by Double Up, on Flickr
Old 10-18-2021, 04:51 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

Double Up, it makes my old heart glad to see you doing so many things I have tried to promote for years. Going back to the same field with an entirely different set up is cool stuff for sure. It will fool the smartest of the smart, when other things fail. Your means of getting to and from is a big plus too, being able to go places a big old luxury electric ATV two seater can't go. Keep up the good work!
Old 10-19-2021, 12:46 AM

Thank you Al, that means a lot coming from you. We don't ride on rough ground with the bikes, but they work well on field roads and timber roads. At 74, I need all the help I can get.