Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Predator Hunting

Predator Hunting It's open season on predator discussions! Questions, stories, tips, and techniques are all fair game.

Old 02-07-2020, 06:25 PM

Question I got an email from Humane Society of the United States

It was expressing concern about Idaho's new proposed wolf hunting regs. Most ethical hunters might agree that mothers with young should not be taken for sport.

Here is what they are telling me and I quote:

"Idaho's wolves are in danger. Proposed changes to wolf hunting and trapping regulations seek to expand wolf killing in Idaho by lengthening wolf trophy hunting seasons and establishing new trapping seasons in many areas. In some cases these changes would make the wolf hunting season year-round, putting moms and pups at risk.

These proposed changes are being presented as a way to reduce conflicts between wolves and livestock or pets. However, nothing could be further from the truth. Studies have shown time and time again that non-lethal deterrents are much more effective at reducing livestock losses."

They are asking me to petition against the new wolf regs. Any comments?
Old 02-08-2020, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardB75 View Post
It was expressing concern about Idaho's new proposed wolf hunting regs. Most ethical hunters might agree that mothers with young should not be taken for sport.

Here is what they are telling me and I quote:

"Idaho's wolves are in danger. Proposed changes to wolf hunting and trapping regulations seek to expand wolf killing in Idaho by lengthening wolf trophy hunting seasons and establishing new trapping seasons in many areas. In some cases these changes would make the wolf hunting season year-round, putting moms and pups at risk.

These proposed changes are being presented as a way to reduce conflicts between wolves and livestock or pets. However, nothing could be further from the truth. Studies have shown time and time again that non-lethal deterrents are much more effective at reducing livestock losses."

They are asking me to petition against the new wolf regs. Any comments?

Idaho. The predator pit of America. I am in south east idaho. So not super close to insanity up north. The wolf population is a huge problem in Idaho. Everyone on here should go to foundation for wildlife management web site. It tells the whole story. The true story about how the wolves are destroying the population of all species. I have been trying to call a wolf for a couple years now with no luck. I have had them with in 100 yards up by Yellowstone national park but could never get a good shot due to how thick of cover was around. They should make it a year around hunt. With no tag or anything. Treat them like coyotes. Wyoming does it. It will be the only way to even put a dent in the outrageous population. Foundation for wildlife management pays a bounty in certain areas with high wolf number. $1,000.00. The wolf in Idaho and Montana are resorting to digging bears out of the dens in the winter to eat them. Now that is messed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk