Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO Products > FOXPRO Decoys

FOXPRO Decoys Discuss the FOXPRO Jack-in-the-Box Decoy, decoy toppers, and all related items here.

Old 01-02-2020, 08:39 PM

Default Fox Jack 5 problem

Anyone have any suggestions for attaching the decoy to the wire on the Fox Jack 5? According to the diagram and the photo, mine doesn't look like that... and the decoy doesn't fit on there. The "male" piece is way to big for the "female" piece. I have messed with it for a damn hour and it simply doesn't fit. Taking it back to the store isn't an option. Its a 2 hour drive. I wanted to use it this weekend, but, short of 14 zipties and a gallon of superglue, it isn't getting attached. Like the call just fine, and it has served me well, but, this thing here I am not impressed with. Not even a little. Help?
Old 01-03-2020, 01:45 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

Mark: Which model ecaller are you trying to use the Fox Jack 5 with? It is not compatible with all models

The FoxJack 5 is compatible with the INFERNO, PATRIOT, SPITFIRE and WILDFIRE 1 and 2.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:29 PM

Al- it is the correct model for the call. The door hinge isn't the issue. As I said, and this would have nothing to do with the call, the little decoy, and the female opening do not fit on the metal memory wire. THAT is the part not fitting.
After looking at it closer with a light and magnifier, there is a big "bur" in the plastic covering the opening, and that is why it isn't fitting. So, now I am left with the option of drilling it and hoping I don't over do it in width and length. Could definitely be happier with the purchase.
Mark
Old 01-03-2020, 05:24 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

If it has defects, and it sounds like it does, I'd let Foxpro replace it. If you will call them, it could expedite the process.