Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > General Discussion > Introductions

Introductions Don't be a stranger! New members are encouraged to introduce themselves to the rest of the community in this forum.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:58 PM

Default Lion Hunter from Washington State

Well lets say I'm working at calling one in... this is me hunting and my quest, copy and paste these in your browser and enjoy ...

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

and if you liked that, this one ...

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

let me know what you think?

John
Old 03-25-2013, 11:17 PM

Welcome to the Foxpro Forums. Looking forward to reading your posts.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:10 PM

John Welcome aboard the forum....Watched your web sites very cool, loved them...did you take all the pictures or were they collected? No matter, you sure have my attention.....Cougar, Wolf are a high priority with me right now.....I hunt with a party of 4 or 5 heads every year in Idaho. Every year we, (one of us) Have a COUGAR sighting. All between 30 - 50 yards, one year my friends son was circled by 3 cougars, thinking MOM and two year olds. He had no tag....scared them away by shooting his 308 in air.
I think mom was training younger ones to hunt. Needless to say we are now all buying Cougar,Wolf and Bear Tags. I am now researching and collecting everthing I can on Cougars and Wolves.....My next trip to Idaho will not be for Elk, but COUG and WOLF hunting.

Watching your films you are all over the state......So where are you locatated?

The only suggestion I can make...(NOT a seasoned cat hunter at all) Try to locate scent posts.........Locate and talk to HOUND Cougar hunters or game department and ask for suggestions........Last few years we had a couple sightings close to Chapaca Lake close to Loomis Wash. while deer hunting.....

FP_member RAINSHADOW HUNTS COUGAR and sells e-cougar sounds and hand calls....He is considered very good at what he does....SEE WEB SITE BELOW
http://www.rain-shadow.com/
He is also collecting and documenting Cougar Hunter Experiences which may give you some ideas!!

Again WELCOME ABOARD and GOOD HUNTING

Last edited by LUCKY; 03-26-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:14 PM

Default Intro Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCKY View Post
John Welcome aboard the forum....Watched your web sites very cool, loved them...did you take all the pictures or were they collected? Those are all my pictures that I take. No matter, you sure have my attention.....Cougar, Wolf are a high priority with me right now.....I hunt with a party of 4 or 5 heads every year in Idaho. Every year we, (one of us) Have a COUGAR sighting. All between 30 - 50 yards, one year my friends son was circled by 3 cougars, thinking MOM and two year olds. He had no tag....scared them away by shooting his 308 in air.
I think mom was training younger ones to hunt. Needless to say we are now all buying Cougar,Wolf and Bear Tags. I am now researching and collecting everthing I can on Cougars and Wolves.....My next trip to Idaho will not be for Elk, but COUG and WOLF hunting.

Watching your films you are all over the state......So where are you locatated? I'm in SW Washington and I've been targeting specific Cougars that are around my cabin on Mt St Helens that I track and get pictures on my Trail Cameras from time to time

The only suggestion I can make...(NOT a seasoned cat hunter at all) Try to locate scent posts.........Locate and talk to HOUND Cougar hunters or game department and ask for suggestions........Last few years we had a couple sightings close to Chapaca Lake close to Loomis Wash. while deer hunting.....

FP_member RAINSHADOW HUNTS COUGAR and sells e-cougar sounds and hand calls....He is considered very good at what he does....SEE WEB SITE BELOW
http://www.rain-shadow.com/
He is also collecting and documenting Cougar Hunter Experiences which may give you some ideas!!

Again WELCOME ABOARD and GOOD HUNTING
Thank you!

Tags
cougar, lion, washington