Thread: New Weapon
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry B View Post
Went to the local gun shop on Thursday looking for a new gun light that is adjustable intensity. Well as usual I walked through the gun racks and found a Remington 783 in 22-250 for $219.00. Obviously it immediately went on layaway. Will have this picked up on Jan. 22. Only problem is I don't like the cheap plastic stock, so this is going to get a Boyd's prairie hunter stock in the very near future.
I have a Boyds on a couple of my rifles......they seem a little slick though when wearing gloves (unless you select the custom checkering). Although the Boyds on my 17HH is so nicked up now it feels like its checkered.

I think the REM 783 is the old Marlin budget rifle design. Not sure if they make it for that but check out Bell & Carlson stocks or the Hogue full bedded over moulded stocks. I put the B&C on my Ruger Amer Pred 204....what a difference! Same with the Hogue I put on my Howa 223. Both are grippy and make them handle much better....I wish either made a stock for my 17HH because they would replace the Boyds in a heart beat.....only thing Boyds beats them in is aesthetics (in my opinion).

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by XNAVYORDIE; 01-05-2019 at 10:33 AM.