FOXPRO Forums

FOXPRO Forums (http://forum.gofoxpro.com/fp_forums/index.php)
-   Fireside Chat (http://forum.gofoxpro.com/fp_forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fur prices 2018 (http://forum.gofoxpro.com/fp_forums/showthread.php?t=14169)

Preydeception 03-05-2018 12:31 PM

Fur prices 2018

Hell-o everyone,
I was pleasantly surprised (ecstatic actually) with the price I received for my coyote pelts this season. $57.00 + change on average. In the good ole days of the 1980's when I used to trap them I was averaging $60.00; so when my fur buyer offered this years price, nearing that of decades ago pricing; I was elated. "Northern Heavies" are up to $100 each and "semi" are holding strong.
While sharing what I consider to be my good fortune, I was curious what you guys are getting for your coyote pelts ....I hope all of you get great prices for your coyote pelts to offset the cost of "doing business"! Haa ha
These prices were paid early in 2018 after the first big auction took place; which lets the "country buyer" know what he can offer price wise and it is after this auction that the "big" buyers give buying orders to other buyers they purchase from.

Night Eyes 03-07-2018 02:10 PM

Mine will be turned into garments. My brother and I have been saying it for years.

Longhunter1750 03-08-2018 08:42 PM

Cant give them away around this part of Missouri.

Preydeception 03-09-2018 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Night Eyes (Post 86099)
Mine will be turned into garments. My brother and I have been saying it for years.

They do make an attractive coat (in my opinion); I almost bought a well made professionally sewn coat that I thought was beautiful, but I procrastinated and the next time I went to look at it, it was gone....aahh Although, I did tan one last year just to hang it on the wall.

Preydeception 03-09-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhunter1750 (Post 86113)
Cant give them away around this part of Missouri.

Sad to hear that. Have they ever been worth anything in Missouri?

Longhunter1750 03-09-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preydeception (Post 86115)
Sad to hear that. Have they ever been worth anything in Missouri?

Was getting $15 to $25 last year.

Preydeception 03-09-2018 09:10 PM

last year prices

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhunter1750 (Post 86117)
Was getting $15 to $25 last year.

Thanks for your reply; I only averaged $45.00 last year and $50.00 the year before that.

Night Eyes 03-10-2018 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preydeception (Post 86114)
They do make an attractive coat (in my opinion); I almost bought a well made professionally sewn coat that I thought was beautiful, but I procrastinated and the next time I went to look at it, it was gone....aahh Although, I did tan one last year just to hang it on the wall.

You can go online and type in How to make fur mittens, or fur hat. It's really not that hard. I have already made buckskin, brain tan method. It came out really soft and white. But now were going to do fur on with our skins.

Jingles 03-10-2018 12:16 PM

Getting 25 in the round here in North central WA.

Preydeception 03-12-2018 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Night Eyes (Post 86121)
You can go online and type in How to make fur mittens, or fur hat. It's really not that hard. I have already made buckskin, brain tan method. It came out really soft and white. But now were going to do fur on with our skins.

Very nice, the next tan I would like to do is a brain tanning. I have kept half dozen coyote brains frozen and ready for when I get that pelt I like. I would like to tan a badger also. Good luck with your tanning projects and if you would; share them here; I would like to read them and see some pics. haha