PDA

View Full Version : Which FOXPRO model to buy

Art McGowan
11-08-2010, 05:28 PM
We are new to varmint Hunting I am wondering which caller is the one we plan on hunting coyotes, fox, crows, snow geese and then bobcats when we get better and what ever else may wonder along in time.. I don't want to need to up grade next year because i didn't but the model that does it all please advise
Thanks
Art

silver yote sniper
11-08-2010, 07:36 PM
I am planning on ordering a caller this week. After talking to several on here i am gonna order the firestorm. you can choose 50 calls of your choice to have downloaded if you buy from a recognized dealer or something like that. I dont know alot about this stuff but will help all i can.

MI VHNTR
11-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Take a close look at the CS-24. It has everything that you'll need now and in the future. One more thing, it is very loud, which may, or may not, be a consideration for you.

pmccarthy
11-08-2010, 08:50 PM
I bought a snow crow 3 primarily to hunt snow geese in canada, and started using it to hunt coyotes. I got tired of carrying it around and bought an FX3.
I love the fx3, but don't see it meeting my needs for snow geese.

I guess I'm saying if you try to do everything with one call, you will be sacrificing something for each application. Buy 2! Each of these calls came with 32 sounds, so I have 64 now. I got a great price on them because I bought them refurbushed. Foxpro has worked on both of them under warranty and the customer service is amazing.

Timberking
11-09-2010, 03:26 AM
+1 for the CS24 :D

team dukhunt
11-09-2010, 08:40 AM
i have the firestorm and i love the call

Art McGowan
11-14-2010, 07:17 AM
thanks for the input i have one more question there are several place to purchase them from who has the best service or can you buy direct from foxpro? what calls should one have down loaded on it since some come with 50 or 100 choices?

Thanks for help

huckaberry3
11-14-2010, 10:51 AM
I bought a Firestorm (50 calls in 1)and love it. I see it working for everything but snowgeese. But it will still compliment a goose spread. The call is very portable and durable. I would also reccomend ordering a case at the same time. It has just enough room for the call and remote in the main compartment, and has alot of other pockets that hold acessories like the charging cord and extra batteries. I have already used it to call coons and yotes. I ordered mine direct form Fox-Pro so that I could get the sounds custom tailored to me. If you get from a distributer you get the generic hodgepodge of sounds. What ever one you choose you can't go wrong with Fox-Pro.

silver yote sniper
11-14-2010, 05:35 PM
I also ordered the firestorm from foxpro just awaiting arrival. As far as sounds give them a call and they will help you out. Also look on this forum for questions about sounds. i also asked plenty of questions on which sounds to use. Some of the sounds were coyote challenge bark and any of the yote sounds, grey fox distress, birds in distress, and about any rabbit sounds.

Northern
11-14-2010, 05:41 PM
I went with the Firestorm. It's a nice little easy to carry package, has a nice remote, plenty enough options for the average user and unless you have to call something in from 4 miles away, it has plenty of volume.

Orion94us
11-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Just purchased a firestorm last week. In the last few days I have called in 11 coyotes and shot 8. I have used a mouth call with success, but I am absolutely loving the Firestorm!! hands down great investment..